Here’s my day, in an easy to read list format. Because I’m too freaking tired to type out lengthy paragraphs, but my little darlings are still not asleep, which means I can’t go to sleep, so I am blogging and channeling Samuel L. Jackson reading “Go The Fuck to Sleep” in my head.
1. My alarm went off at 5:15. And I pressed snooze twice because it was either that or setting fire to the stupid fucking gadget that was making a horrible, horrible sound and interrupting a fantastic dream.
2. Work was a nightmare. I’ve got 10 loans closing this week, and have exactly TWO of them clear to close. This means I will most likely be spending my one child free night this week at work. I plan on bringing beer.
3. My smallest daughter dismissed me from her kindergarten class today. I was crouched down, talking to her while she colored at a little table, making sure she felt secure, and this kid looks at me, says “I got this, Mom. Go to work.” Then PATTED ME ON THE HEAD!! I hugged her, went outside, and promptly burst into tears.
4. I managed to burn my ass in the tanning bed again. Yes, I know, tanning beds are evil, but I really needed a nap at lunchtime and it was the only way I could justify sleeping for 10 minutes.
5. The kids had a great first day of school, love their teachers, and are happy to be back at the same school for the second year in a row. This is the first time they’ve had that luxury with all the moves since 2008, so I’m comforted knowing they feel secure.
6. I was selfish tonight and dragged the kids to the Y after work because I was fairly certain if I didn’t sweat for an hour with hair bands blaring in my ears I was going to spontaneously combust.
7. Someone just called me a chicken. They don’t know me very well.
8. I want to go to bed. Right now.
9. My roots are looking trashy and I’m too tired to give a shit.
10. Wine is my friend.